“Technology is advancing so quickly that it’s slowly replacing the surveyor.” These concerns have been voiced over and over as LiDAR scanning becomes more accessible. The most recent advance in scanning is terrestrial mobile LiDAR scanning (TMLS). This technology collects survey-grade data at highway speeds and at traditional survey costs, and in the transportation discipline it is a safer means of data collection while reducing risk for the entire project. But it has surveyors questioning the longevity of their profession. What is seen as a threat because of efficiency must be embraced in order for surveying to survive. Land surveyors are increasingly missing out on surveying work because they are not advancing in current measurement technologies. Understanding and appropriately responding to non-traditional ways will significantly contribute to the success of the surveying profession and to the clients you serve.
Automated Feature Extraction of pipes from point clouds now available for Revit—promises substantial workflow savings of up to 85%
Herndon, Virginia — September 5, 2012 — ClearEdge3D announced today the release of its latest product, EdgeWise MEP™ for Autodesk® Revit®. For the first time, users can bring extracted pipes, conduit and other cylindrical mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) elements directly into Revit. ClearEdge3D’s new MEP solution leverages the powerful feature extraction technology of EdgeWise to automatically extract pipe solids from laser scan point clouds. These pipe solids can be automatically connected into pipe runs, annotated within EdgeWise MEP, and then brought directly into Revit as fully functional Revit pipe objects. All intelligence extracted by EdgeWise, such as diameter, length, elbow bend radius and more, is also transferred into Revit.
Beta testers of EdgeWise MEP for Revit reported modeling time savings of up to 85 percent over their previous workflows. “EdgeWise MEP for Revit greatly enhances the field-to-finish workflow. It’s the innovation our BIM customers have been asking for,” said Chris Scotton, ClearEdge3D’s President and CEO. “Now users can combine the speed of EdgeWise Automated Feature Extraction with the power of Revit to produce Revit deliverables much faster than ever before.”
To request a live demonstration of EdgeWise MEP for Revit click here: www.clearedge3d.com.
ClearEdge3D was founded in 2006 by two recognized experts and thought-leaders in the field of computer vision, Automated Feature Extraction, and LIDAR data analysis. The company’s flagship products, EdgeWise Plant™, EdgeWise MEP™ for Revit and EdgeWise Building™, are used by top engineering firms world-wide to optimize their scan-to-model workflow. The company is privately-held and headquartered in Herndon, Virginia.
Autodesk and Revit are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., in the USA and other countries.
For more information, contact:
USA +1 410-991-0582
- 2017 Kia Niro “Hero’s Journey” Starring Melissa McCarthy Super Bowl 51 CommercialFebruary 3, 2017 - 6:09 am
- Honda Brings Celebrity Yearbook Photos to Life in Super Bowl 51 AdFebruary 3, 2017 - 5:45 am
- 2017 Kia Optima | Robot tested Smart Trunk TechnologyJanuary 31, 2017 - 4:52 pm
- 2017 Kia Sorento | Surround View Monitoring “Rubber Duckies” TestJanuary 31, 2017 - 4:33 pm
- Intel 360 Technology featuring Tom Brady – Superbowl 51 CommercialJanuary 31, 2017 - 3:54 pm
- Faceware Announces New Facial Motion Capture HardwareDecember 5, 2016 - 3:04 pm
- Leica Geosystems and Autodesk Announce BLK360 $16k 3D Laser...November 16, 2016 - 4:46 pm
- Zoic Amps Up Neighborly Antics for ‘Keeping Up with The...October 25, 2016 - 3:55 pm
- FARO® Launches the Focus S Laser Scanner with IP54 Rating...October 10, 2016 - 2:40 pm
- […] SCANable SCANable works with the most prestigious...January 18, 2014 - 2:34 pm by Top "3D Scanning" Tools & Services for Visual Effects Production | Ahmed Mohsen | Visual Effects ArtistAhmed Mohsen | Visual Effects Artist
- Mobile LiDAR is still a fairly expensive technology to utilize....March 7, 2013 - 4:30 pm by Travis Reinke
- I would like to know more about applications for transportation...March 1, 2013 - 12:46 pm by Don Jones
- Is there an estimated cost for a week of renting such a...November 29, 2012 - 1:11 pm by Carl
2002 Timberloch Place
The Woodlands, Texas 77380
Los Angeles Office
18025 Sky Park E
Irvine, California 92614
New York Office
600 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10016
1201 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, Georgia 30361
New Orleans Office
201 St Charles Ave #2500
New Orleans, LA 70170