Bring your visualizations into context with Project Helix, a powerful technology prototype enabling display and rendering of 3D laser scanning/LiDAR data sets with Autodesk® 3ds Max® and Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design software. With the 3ds Max Point Cloud Tools you can more quickly import as-built site references to help evaluate and visualize your designs in context of their surrounding elements. Point cloud data sets are often created by 3D scanners and represent set of measured vertices in a three-dimensional coordinate system. Using an automatic process, these devices measure in a large number of points on the surface of an object and output a point cloud as a data file. Download Now
The Point Cloud Tool for 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design allows you to:
- Import .PTS format point cloud data into 3ds Max or 3ds Max Design scenes (release 2010 & 2011)
- Display the point cloud data in the 3ds Max viewport with a variety of rendering options and levels of detail
- Render point clouds using the mental ray® renderer*
- Slice point clouds into pieces using geometric display volumes
- Export multiple clouds or parts of clouds to new .PTS files
* mental ray is a registered trademark of mental images GmbH licensed for use by Autodesk, Inc.
The Project Helix Technology Preview will be made available only for a limited time, so download Project Helix before June 20, 2011 and place your designs in context today!
If you would like to try the Point Cloud Tool for 3ds Max with a sample data set:
If you do not have access to YouTube videos, you can download the video from as 3ds Max Point Cloud Tools.mp4.
To experiment with Shape Extraction for AutoCAD, you can download some sample data. The zip file contains 5 samples: Cup.pcg, Football.pcg, Mandalay.pcg, Pipe.pcg, and Room.pcg.
To ensure the best experience for those participating, this technology preview is currently limited to: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, United Kingdom, and United States. We hope to expand to other geographies in the future.
The Shape Extraction for AutoCAD technology preview is licensed for a limited term and for a particular territory as referenced in the End User License Agreement. The technology preview will operate until February 1, 2011.
For those without YouTube access, the videos are available for download via this blog article.
- 2017 Kia Niro “Hero’s Journey” Starring Melissa McCarthy Super Bowl 51 CommercialFebruary 3, 2017 - 6:09 am
- Honda Brings Celebrity Yearbook Photos to Life in Super Bowl 51 AdFebruary 3, 2017 - 5:45 am
- 2017 Kia Optima | Robot tested Smart Trunk TechnologyJanuary 31, 2017 - 4:52 pm
- 2017 Kia Sorento | Surround View Monitoring “Rubber Duckies” TestJanuary 31, 2017 - 4:33 pm
- Intel 360 Technology featuring Tom Brady – Superbowl 51 CommercialJanuary 31, 2017 - 3:54 pm
- Faceware Announces New Facial Motion Capture HardwareDecember 5, 2016 - 3:04 pm
- Leica Geosystems and Autodesk Announce BLK360 $16k 3D Laser...November 16, 2016 - 4:46 pm
- Zoic Amps Up Neighborly Antics for ‘Keeping Up with The...October 25, 2016 - 3:55 pm
- FARO® Launches the Focus S Laser Scanner with IP54 Rating...October 10, 2016 - 2:40 pm
- […] SCANable SCANable works with the most prestigious...January 18, 2014 - 2:34 pm by Top "3D Scanning" Tools & Services for Visual Effects Production | Ahmed Mohsen | Visual Effects ArtistAhmed Mohsen | Visual Effects Artist
- Mobile LiDAR is still a fairly expensive technology to utilize....March 7, 2013 - 4:30 pm by Travis Reinke
- I would like to know more about applications for transportation...March 1, 2013 - 12:46 pm by Don Jones
- Is there an estimated cost for a week of renting such a...November 29, 2012 - 1:11 pm by Carl
2002 Timberloch Place
The Woodlands, Texas 77380
Los Angeles Office
18025 Sky Park E
Irvine, California 92614
New York Office
600 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10016
1201 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, Georgia 30361
New Orleans Office
201 St Charles Ave #2500
New Orleans, LA 70170