3D Scanning and Support Services in Houston, Texas and surrounding areas.
SCANable works with the most prestigious post-production and visual effects studios along with architectural, engineering, structural and industrial design firms in Texas and across the globe providing LiDAR and 3D Scanning solutions. For over a decade, the technical experts on our staff have been capturing 3D scans of actors and athletes, vehicles and props, buildings, environmens, stadiums for crowd population, and intricate set scans. With our portable technology and proven workflows, our expertise allows us to offer clients a unique, one-stop solution for all of their scanning and modeling needs.
- On-location Hero-level full body scans including sub-dermal skin maps
- Facial Action Coding System (FACS) facial expression scans
- 3D Location/Environment 3D LiDAR Scanning for Virtual Camera Tracking/Matchmoving Support
- Basic and complex 3D meshing and modeling for gaming, film, TV and web applications.
- 3D scanning of static environments for CGI, VFX and digital location replication and set extensions
- Capturing of matching textures – High Dynamic Range Panoramic Photos from each scan position and additional texture HDR reference photography
- Cleanup and merging/registration of point clouds
- Delivery of the point cloud data in a variety of file formats (xyz, pcb, pts, PFtrack and SynthEyes compatible ASCII txt formats)
- Creation of dense polygonal surfaces with vertex color from point clouds
- Manual modeling and retopology, UV layout and texturing per client specifications
- Matching the HDR texture to the point cloud’s or the model’s orientation including delivery of finished Maya, 3DS Max or Nuke environments and projection setups
SCANable provides post production and visual effects studios with the equipment, software, training and turn-key support services necessary to guarantee success on every project. If you would like to know more about how VFX scanning and 3D imaging can benefit your feature film, television or commercial project please contact us or request a free quote today!