On Sepember 1, 2009, Leica Geosystems and Point of Beginning Magazine hosted a webinar titled The Business of Laser Scanning — hype or competitive advantage? Presenters Michael Harvey and Frank Hahnel along with Kristi Grahl discussed using laser scanning technology to:
- Submit more competitive bids — and win more jobs — for both high-end projects and routine surveys.
- Meet the requirements of customers who increasingly incorporate HDS into their project specifications.
- Lower your labor costs and increase profit margins on every job.
- Increase customer satisfaction with more accurate and detailed surveying reports.
During the webinar, the presenters also announced the availability of Leica’s new ScanStation C10 self-contained time-of-flight 3D laser scanner along with Cyclone 7, Cloudworx for SmartPlant3D and Forensic Map.
Some of the benefits of the new ScanStation C10:
- No cables
- On-board data storage
- USB Interface for data transfer
- Uses Internal Lithium-Ion TPS Total Station Batteries
- 3.5 – 4 hours per battery
- 4 come with scanner
- GPS antenna and prism mount attachements
- Automatically switches between oscillate/spin mirror mode to improve speed
- Can still be used with a laptop
- 180-degree sweep – scans both sides
- Higher resolution capability
- Integrated color touch-screen
- Light-weight – 28.6 lbs (scanner),
- More Portable – 62 lbs (scanner in case)
- Dual High-resolution camera/video with auto exposure and auto focus
- Faster target acquisition by point and shoot using the on-board color touch screen
- Acquire full dome images in 4-7 minutes
- Man Machine Interface (MMI)
- Similar to Leica TPS Total Stations
- Shorter Start-up time
- Low scan power
- Withstands moisture better than ScanStation 2
Cyclone 7 Features:
- Updated Traverse Editor
- Improved meshing capabilities
- Leica acquired 3Dreshaper – new meshing functionality
- Meshing of tunnels
- Point Cloud engine is real-time indexed – faster viewing performance
View this webcast on-demand. The archive will be available for one year from the live broadcast.
Request your FREE on-site demo — Want to see the new ScanStation c10 in action? Reserve your spot at www.leica-geosystems.us/c10.