Easy access to the 3D Laser Scanning and
Mobile LiDAR resources you need... when you need them!
Rent or purchase the latest 3D laser scanners mobile LiDAR systems and accessories from Leica, Z+F, FARO, MDL and others.
Lease or purchase the latest point cloud processing, meshing and feature-extraction software, and tools.
Our experts offer custom-tailored ‘real-world’ data collection and point cloud processing instruction and are ready to assist you throughout any phase of a project.
Our experience providing resources to various industries and markets allows us to understand your client’s needs and help you identify the best solutions.
Leica Geosystems Announces Cyclone 8.0 Software – Major Advances for “Point Cloud” Office Productivity, Spatial Data Connectivity, and Customization
(Heerbrugg/Switzerland and Hanover/Germany, 9 October 2012) - Leica Geosystems announces the next major release of its flagship software, Leica Cyclone 8.0. In addition to providing further improvements in office productivity for processing as-built laser scan data, Cyclone 8.0 gives users powerful, new capabilities. Users can now directly connect point cloud data with other spatial data sources (such as 3D models) and readily share and re-use modeled data. Leica Cyclone 8.0 is being introduced at Intergeo as supporting software for the new Leica ScanStation P20 ultra-high speed laser scanner.
Office Productivity Gains
Cyclone 8.0 features several enhancements that increase office productivity, often significantly:
- 20 – 50% faster scan data import
- Automatic conversion on import to Enhanced Working Format, for faster data processing
- Automatic creation of all pipe cylinders, with a single click, for an entire project or for a selected set of scan data, even during import
- Automatic creation of TruView Hotlinks, linking scan points in panoramic TruViews to asset information
- Easy saving and re-use of complex models created from geometric primitives
- New “scripting” capability speeds repetitive or customized sequences of model building
- Fewer clicks and a modern CAD-like interface for popular “Move” and “Rotate” commands
Now offers full, end-to-end 3D modeling solution with 9 new features and enhancements including valve/flange placement, demolition tool, custom spec editor, high-definition visualization and more
Herndon, Virginia — December 12, 2012 — ClearEdge3D today released EdgeWise Plant™ 4.0, with 9 major new features and enhancements that create the fastest end-to-end pipe modeling solution on the market. The software automates the 3D modeling of complex process plant facilities, cutting up to 85% of labor from the modeling workflow.
Robert Greenhalgh with Ramboll Oil & Gas used the software on a recent North Sea offshore project. “We reduced our 3D modeling time substantially with EdgeWise Plant 4.0,” said Greenhalgh. ”Building standard pipe fittings on top of the powerful automated tools makes 4.0 the complete pipe modeling package.”